JDN Center for Children Camp Counsellor (Day Camp)
Duration: June 27 -August 17, 2018
Set to work in an industry with children? Have a passion for connecting with others? Want to experience a life-changing summer? Then, we may have the summer job for you!
The Day Camp Counsellor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing core and non-core
programs and experiences for children in a small group setting. They will also be responsible for the
general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. The
incumbent will provide high quality outdoor/indoor educational and recreational experiences for
participants that focus on JDN Center for Children’s core goals of building self-esteem, positive peer
relationships and community involvement.
• write and implement a weekly schedule for your camp group.
• Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include
crafts, nature, songs, games, excursions, swimming, and time spent on the bus.
• Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
• Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
• Communicate with parents about participant’s experiences and report concerns to JDN Center
• Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, daily logbook
documentation, and daily attendance.
• Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
• Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program
areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their
whereabouts at all times.
• Planning and programming of all programs within a set budget.
Currently enrolled or recently graduated from one of the following programs:
• Autism & Behavior Science
• Early Childhood Education
• Social Worker
• An Understanding of Applied Behavior Analysis(ABA)
• CPR/First Aid
• Police Vulnerability Sector Check
• Fun and Outgoing Attitude
Want to apply? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.